The Rules of the H.U.S.T.L.E.
Yet another night of matchless revelry and excellence for competitors and spectators alike! Bring nothing but your best. Wear whatever you want.
The competition starts at 6:30p November 30 at Velo Coffee at Speed Deluxe, but your preparation starts now.
FOOD, BEER, GAMES, PRIZES, ANDERSON BAILEY
COMBINED RULES FOR THE BOOZELESS AND BOOZEFUL COMPETITIONS
1. Recipes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than 12am November 17.
2. Recipes should be original.
3. Boozeless/Boozeful minimum cold brew volumes: 1oz/.5oz.
3. Recipes submitted for the Boozeful Competition must use at least 1.25oz of one of the following base spirits:
4. Boozeless/Boozeful ingredient maximums: 4 ingredients/6 ingredients (excluding garnishes).
5. Recipes must be expressed in ounces, drops, or dashes.
6. Recipes must include a detailed description of any garnish.
7. Drinks will be judged according to creativity, economy, replicability, and taste. The creativity portion of the scoresheet includes the name of your drink, so write something snappy.
8. Any homemade ingredients should be accompanied by a detailed recipe.
9. Cold brew concentrates and listed base spirits will be provided for competitors' use the night of the competition.
- Competitors should bring any and all modifiers and tools.
10. Any Boozeful recipe using a modifier not listed below will be disqualified. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a special consideration. Don't use booze in the Boozeless competition.
- Fernet Branca
- Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth
- Dolin Vermouth
- Tempus Fugit Creme de Cacao
- Tempus Fugit Gran Classico
- Tempus Fugit Creme de Menthe
- Tempus Fugit Creme de Noyaux
- Del Maguey Mezcal
- Amaro Nonino
- Rhum Clement Creole Shrub
- Punt e Mes
- Batavia-Arrack Van Oosten
- Giffard Banana, Pamplemousse, or Mint
- Luxardo Maraschino
- Lusau Amontillado Sherry
- Sandeman Character Sherry
- Domain du Canton Ginger Liqueur
- Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao
- Dolin Genepy des Alpes
- Cocchi Americano
- Nux Alpina Walnut Liqueur
- Taylor's Velvet Falernum
11. Winners of each class get their drinks served on bar, take home a wicked trophy, and get a special card entitling the holder to one Niterider Nitro at Velo Coffee Roasters every day for a year. There are runner-up prizes, too, but we'll keep those a secret.
12. For clarification or questions, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org